LED has now become the new standard in lighting today which is widely used in commercial and residential applications. Light emitting diodes (LED) is an electronic device that emits light when electrical current is passed through it. The energy efficient nature of LED allows them to produce brighter light than other types of bulb while using less energy.
But is it worth it?
- Life span: The average span of LED can last up to 60, 000 hours versus 1500 hours from an incandescent bulb. LED bulbs are available to be retrofitted into your existing fixture!
- Friendly: LED is considered “green” and made of nontoxic materials, which are lead and mercury free.
- Safety: LED creates no warmth, allowing it to be cool to touch
- Efficiency: 95% of energy in LED’s are converted into light and 5% is wasted as heat. They use up to 90% less power than an incandescent bulb.
- Color: Available in many different color temperatures
The only disadvantage is the high price but prepare to save lots on your next energy bill!